SHOW ME THE MONEY
REFUNDS / SUBSTITUTIONS
OVERNIGHT PARKING PERMIT
Sign Up Sheet
DOWN & OUT WINNERS
CHARACTER COUNTS WINNERS
BEST DRESSED WINNERS
SHOW ME THE MONEY
IN COOPERATION WITH
Start of the Game
1. A coin flip will give the winner the option to start with possession OR
select defense and direction. Possession and direction will be
opposite to start the second half.
2. Game Time is Forfeit Time - NO GRACE PERIOD.
3. Offense begins on its own ten (10) yard line.
4. Must have two (2) players to start a game.
5. Participants must be registered before being allowed to play and
must have a player wristband on.
1. Reaching or crossing the midfield line in 3 plays or less.
2. A major penalty on the defensive team.
Timing of the Game/Time Outs
1. Winner’s and Loser’s bracket games will consist of two 12-minute halves (running clock). The clock will stop for time outs, injuries,
and a 3 minute halftime.
2. Down and Out Bowl games will consist of a 15-minute running clock.
3. Regular Divisions teams will be allowed one (1) timeout per game. “Show
Me The Money” and 30 and over teams will be allowed 2 timeouts per
game. NOTE: If a timeout is used after a touchdown the clock will not
resume until the ball is snapped for the beginning of the next possesion.
4. Teams will be allowed 10 seconds to run a play after the official
signals that the ball is ready for play.
5. Mercy Rule - when a team leads by 25 or more points they will be
declared the winner.
1. The winner of the coin flip can choose possession or defense and direction.
2. Teams will have a choice of a one (1) or a two (2)-point conversion
(one play only).
3. Alternate possession until a winner is decided.
1. A Touchdown is worth 6 points.
2. A Safety is worth 2 points (plus possession).
3. A conversion from the five (5) yard line is worth 1 point and a
conversion from the ten (10) yard line is worth 2 points (the defense
cannot score on conversions).
1. Blocking will not be permitted at any time. This is a non-contact
2. Bump and Run defense is not allowed.
1. A legal tackle takes place by a defender removing the ball carrier’s
flag(s) without physically grasping him/her. If a flag is missing from
the ball carrier, then he/she will be called down when touched by
2. Flag guarding is the act of the ball carrier using his/her hand(s) or
arm(s) to prevent the potential “tackler” from pulling his/her flag.
The ball carrier will be marked down at the point of the infraction.
3. The Breakaway Rule - if in the official’s judgment the ball carrier is
physically pushed or tackled by a defender to prevent an obvious
score, the result will be a score for the offense and an unsportsmanlike
penalty on the offender. It may also warrant the offender’s ejection
from the game and/or tournament.
Change of Possession/Fumbles
1. All drives and change of possession start at the ten (10) yard line.
The only exception is when an interception takes place, the ball will
be spotted for play at the point in which the “interceptor” is tackled.
2. All fumbles are considered dead balls at the point in which the ball
hits the ground. If the ball is fumbled forward it will be marked at the
point that the ball carrier lost control. Possession is maintained by the
offensive team unless possession has been turned over by downs.
3. If the ball hits the ground during the Center/QB exchange the ball will
be marked down at the spot the ball hit the ground.
1. Offside, illegal procedure, too many men, delay of game, diving, etc.
are all five (5) yard penalties. With two (2) minutes or less remaining
in the half/game, a delay of game penalty will result in a loss of
down in addition to the five (5) yards.
2. Pass interference, unsportsmanlike conduct (taunting), and blocking
are ten (10) yard penalties. An automatic first down will be given if
on the defensive team and loss of down if on the offensive team.
3. Excessive roughness, excessive taunting, fighting, and verbal abuse
are considered flagrant penalties and may result in your dismissal
from the game and/or tournament. Any player ejected from the event
will be asked to immediately leave the site. If the player(s) do not
cooperate fully, their team(s) may be ejected. Ejection from the
event will mean an automatic suspension from future events. No
refunds will be given.
1. An intermediate size football will be used.
2. Each team must have at least 2 female players on the field at all times.
3. Teams are allowed to have an 8 person roster.
**All players are eligible receivers.**
Miscellaneous Game Regulations
1. No running plays allowed.
2. No diving by the ball carrier is allowed. 5 yard penalty from spot dive
3. The quarterback will not be allowed to run past the line of scrimmage
(play will be blown dead).
4. The defender(s) rushing the quarterback must be at least five (5)
yards off the line of scrimmage.
5. The center must snap the ball between the legs. Exception: 10 and
under teams will be allowed to snap from the side.
6. All players are eligible receivers.
7. Clothing must be tucked underneath your flags.
8. One foot in bounds and possession of the ball constitutes a catch.
9. The offensive team will be responsible for returning the ball to the line
of scrimmage after every play (in a timely fashion).
10. Only one player may go in motion but NOT toward the line of scrimmage
11. Substitutions will be allowed between plays. Players must make
substitutions from one side of the field, which will be designated by
12. Teams are responsible for their fans.
13. HIV/AIDS - No visible cuts or blood on clothing or persons. Prepare
14. No alcohol allowed on site. Any person/team suspected to be under the
influence and attempting to play will be automatically ejected.
15. The captain is the spokesperson for their team, not a spectator or coach.
16. Cleats are allowed but cannot be metal.
17. No stripping of the football is allowed. You must go for the flags. Penalty
is five (5) yards from the point of infraction and automatic first down.
18. No spinning allowed. The play will be blown dead and ball marked at
the point that the player initiated the spin (Only the Quarterback is
allowed to spin to avoid the rush or change direction).
19. All forward passes must be completed beyond the line of scrimmage.
20. Hitting the Quarterback’s arm in the throwing motion is a ten (10) yard
penalty and automatic first down.
Team Placement (Bracketing)/Scheduling Information
1. Teams will be placed into pre-established age categories as follows:
Youth: 10 & under / 11-12 / 13-14 / 15-16 / 17-18
based on the age of the oldest player
Adult: 19-24 / 25-29 / 30-34 / 35-39 / 40 & over
based on the age of the youngest player
Co-ed: 18 & under / 19 & over
2. Experience will also be a determining factor in your team’s placement.
3. Team captains will be emailed scheduling information. If the captain
does not receive notification by Wednesday, the week of the event,
he/she is responsible for contacting the local event director. The
phone number is listed in this brochure under “Event Information”.
4. Youth and Adult division teams are guaranteed a minimum of 3
scheduled games. Show Me The Money division teams are guaranteed a
minimum of 2 scheduled games.
5. During the tournament the official point of reference for game
times is the bracket wall (not an official or referee). Team captains
are ultimately responsible for obtaining the correct time.
*** There maybe certain circumstances when it is necessary to combine
age categories. In such cases, team captains will be notified prior to the event.
1. All regular divisions are allowed 7 players on their roster. Show Me The
Money, Co - ed, and 30 and over divisions are allowed 8 players.
2. Players are allowed to participate on multiple teams (Must be on
entry form roster or legal substitute). Players may NOT sign-up within
the same age/experience category. In the event of a conflict in
scheduling the player(s) will be responsible for choosing which team
they play with. Show Me the Money players cannot play in a
3. Once your roster is sent in there will be no refunds and substitutions,
which includes filling open spots. Subs can only be made by following the
procedure listed below.
4. Substitution(s) will be allowed before your first scheduled game. The
following guidelines must be followed for a substitution to take place:
• The substitute(s) must fit the criteria of the division (experience & age).
• The substitute(s) must have valid identification.
• Team captain must be present.
• Each substitute will cost forty dollars ($40) payable with a money
order or cash only, NO CHECKS.
ON SITE PLAYER CHECK-IN PROCEDURE
1. Must have valid identification (birth certificate or drivers license) for
the duration of the event.
2. Sign a waiver. If you’re under the age of 18, a parent/guardian must
sign it for you.
3. Find the table with your field letter/number on it.
4. Tell the volunteer your field assignment and team name.
5. Present your identification and signed waiver.
6. Upon verification, you will receive a wristband and official player t-shirt.
7. Have fun!!
*** Any attempt(s) to falsify player information could result in the player(s)
and possibly the team being disqualified from the event.
Copyright 2017 by Roswell Gridiron